Most families would like their relative to be able to stay in their own home or a Care Home chosen by them for the rest of their lives, as well as safeguarding as much of the existing capital as possible.
When a person’s capital and savings and/or income take them outside the means test threshold, they will generally be responsible for the funding of their own Care Fees.
Care Fees funding advice can be quite complex and needs to take into consideration the person’s eligibility for:
- NHS Continuing Care
- Local Authority Funding
- Domiciliary Care
- Immediate Needs Annuities
Immediate Needs Annuities
An Immediate Needs Annuities is one of the options available and advice should be considered at the point the person needs to fund their own care or is likely to be funding their own care in the near future.
The annuity may be able to be used to cover the cost of care received in the person’s home or a registered Care or Nursing Home.
We are Specialists in providing Financial Advice to older people.
Why use a SOLLA Accredited Member?
- SOLLA is a “not for profit” organisation.
- Members are specialists in advising older people on financial matters.
- Have been awarded the Later Life Adviser Accreditation which is independently audited and endorsed by the Government Body the Financial Skills Partnership.
- Follow a strict code of conduct.
WE OFFER A FREE INITIAL NO OBLIGATION CONSULTATION either at your home or our office in Northallerton.